Monday, September 19, 2011

Days 12 and 13

These were S days, and I am not being stringent on these days.....yet!

I ate my 3 meals, but there were sodas and ice cream and snacks.

Saturday was an S day, and as I am fairly new I am not being stringent on S days. My sis had a garage sale I promised to help her with. I was running late this morning, so decided to get a breakfast burrito at McD's. You know they have their drinks for a dollar, no matter what size you order. I am a soda freak, and have always ordered the large coke. You get more for your money! Confused Anyway, I had an 'internal dialogue' with myself the whole 20 minute drive. 'You get more for your money ordering a large. But I don't really want that much soda. You can drink it later. I like water. But this is an S day. That doesn't mean I have to have it' and so on. Anyway, I ordered a medium and drank if over an hour. I know that isn't a big deal for many of you, but it is a BIG DEAL for me.

And then our friend and my sister's neighbor came over to the garage sale and brought us her famous Steak and Egg Breakfast Burritos. I just calmly said 'I already ate. Thanks anyway.' and went back to pricing stuff. I NEVER turn down food! And sis kept offering me goodies, like we usually do at garage sales (we have a couple a year). No thanks, I'm not hungry. It wasn't that I was trying to be strict. I just didn't want to eat at that time. And at 1:00 I said 'Okay, what's for lunch.' That is my lunch time, and I didn't even look at the clock! I ate my plate of lunch, a 2-bite pecan tart, and I was fine.

N days are leaking over into the weekend without me trying! What a surprise. A happy surprise!

Sunday was good. We went to some friends' house for lunch, and I didn't have to make decisions as to what I could eat. We had yummy homemade chili, corn muffins, and oreos for dessert. Yay! Socializing didn't have to be a scene!

Gotta love this program. Yay, NoS!

Cathy B

No comments:

Post a Comment