Monday, September 12, 2011

My First Post

I bought the No S Diet book a couple of years ago, but wasn't ready to do it at that time. What was I thinking!?!

I did WW (gained 8 lbs in 3 weeks, following 100%), Carb Addicts (felt bleh), counting calories (irritating), and Fat Flush (SOOOO expensive!)

In 2009 I found a doctor who addressed several of my health problems, including Hashimoto's (an auto-immune thyroid disease). He got my thyroid meds regulated and I started losing weight at the beginning of 2010. I went from 252 lbs to 183 lbs by May of 2011. yay! But I plateaued in May. 4 months of the same weight, but I shouldn't complain. I had lost 70 lbs. without doing anything!

Back to No S. If you are unfamiliar with it, it is a program (and book) by Reinhard Engels. The basic premise is:

No snacks
No sweets
No seconds
(Except on days that start with an S)

So on No S days, you follow the 3 basic tenets. On Saturday and Sunday (and some special days) you don't need to follow these tenets. Simple.

I started on September 6th, 2011. I get an appetite between lunch and dinner, but that has been the hardest part. I am a snacker! No snacks on weekdays. I am exercising discipline. Hubby calls it the Grownup Diet!

I started doing 30 minutes on the treadmill Mon thru Fri too.

On this blog, I will be logging my meals, exercise, foibles, and thoughts as I go on this journey.

Feel free to follow if you want to see how I do. I plan on being bluntly honest!

Cathy B

No comments:

Post a Comment